Chef Becca will be coming once a week to talk to our learners about healthy eating, nutrition, and how to maintain at home. She will be preparing a weekly meal until we move to our new location, where she will be preparing it with our learners with veggies from our garden.
Below are some yummy recipes for everyone to enjoy!
Gluten-Free, No Bakes!, Vegan
- 1 c. rolled or quick oats
- 1/2 c. peanut or almond butter
- 1/4 c. mini chocolate chips (we like dark chocolate)
- 1 tbs. maple syrup (or to taste. start here)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients.
- Use a cookie or small ice cream scoop, or tablespoon for even sizes.
- Roll into balls.
- Store the bites in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Also freezes well.
Mini Frittata Cups
- 8 Large Eggs
- 1/2 c.milk
- 1/2 tsp.pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 oz. ham or cooked bacon
- 1/3 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbs. Italian Parsley or 2 tsp.parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray 2 Mini-Muffins (total of 24) with non-stick spray of choice
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, pepper, and salt
- Stir in ham, cheese, and parsley.
- Fill each cup 3/4 full and bake 8-10 minutes. Enjoy!
Try a different cheese next time, or chives, or add a veggie!
These freeze and reheat very well.